I was gifted a Sherpa blanket, and it’s the first time I’ve ever owned one. How do you wash Sherpa blanket properly?
How To Wash Sherpa Blanket Properly?
Sign Up to our social questions and Answers Engine to ask questions, answer people’s questions, and connect with other people.
Login to our social questions & Answers Engine to ask questions answer people’s questions & connect with other people.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Fill your washing machine with cold water and add a small amount of your preferred mild detergent
2. Flip your Sherpa blanket inside out, make sure it’s not twisted, and add it to the washer.
3. Make sure to set your washer to its delicate or gentle setting and run the wash cycle.
4. Lay your Sherpa blanket flat to dry.
The actual washing procedure is fairly easy – what’s hard is keeping the things you should avoid in mind.
1. Avoid heat (hot water and high dryer temperature). The heat will make your blanket rough by burning and matting its fibers.
2. Avoid using abrasive detergents. The fibers that make your Sherpa blanket soft are delicate and abrasive detergents may damage them.
3. Avoid putting in too much detergent. You will need to rinse more, causing more friction and damage to your blanket. Also, if you’re not able to rinse the detergent thoroughly, it will leave a residue and cause piling, which will ruin your soft blanket.
4. Avoid using fabric softeners and dryer sheets. They’re not compatible with natural fibers like wool or cashmere. You can add vinegar to the rinse for softness and odor protection.
5. Avoid washing Sherpa blankets with other laundry. Other laundry might cause tangling and pulling of fibers while in the washer.
6. Avoid machine drying at all. It will shrink your Sherpa blankets, and if you use the high-temperature setting, you’ll burn your delicate fibers.