How to wave on Facebook feature is new and has replaced an older version feature namely “Nearby friends”. You can wave at your contact really easily even though it’s a new feature.
You can wave your friends by using either your computer or using your smartphone.
To wave a friend using a computer.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- On the right side of your page click the chat tab to maximize it.
- Chat tab has the list of your friends that are online.
- Hover your cursor over the contact that you want to wave.
- You will see a hand icon appear.
Here is what you do to wave using a smartphone. The wave feature is found in messenger. To access wave using messenger app;
- Open messenger app.
- Open the People tab.
- Click on the add contact button
- There are little green dots on the right side of the list of your friends.
- When you hover the cursor on the green dots across the contact you want to wave, a hand icon will appear.
- Click on that hand.